The Child Protection Policy seeks to support children’s development in ways, which will foster security, confidence and independence. Arva GAA Club is a Child Friendly Club and is fully committed to safe guarding the well being of its members. Every individual in the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for each others rights, safety and welfare regardless of a persons religion, gender, age, race, or ability and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principals of Arva GAA Club and the guidelines contained in the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport and the GAA ‘Code of Best Practice for Youth Sport’.
- Arva GAA Club believes young people have a lot to gain from sport. It is important that all young players are valued and are always treated with the highest level of respect. Their personal dignity and physical integrity are paramount and participation in sport should enable them to have fun, make friends and become better players.
- Arva GAA Club believes that a youth centred approach should be adopted by everyone involved in the promotion and development of Gaelic games at underage level.
- Arva GAA Club will ensure that all their players are protected and kept safe from harm while they are with the Club by mentors / coaches adhering to the guidelines outlined in the Club’s Child Protection Policy, the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport and the GAA ‘Code of Best Practice for Youth Sport’.
- Arva GAA Club will ensure all team mentors are offered the opportunity to attend Child Protection Awareness training.
- Arva GAA Club will ensure that all team mentors and club members are well informed about Child Protection issues and that they are familiar with the club’s procedures for reporting concerns to the club’s designated officer (Chairperson of the Club). In the case of concerns against the designated officer concerns should be reported to the Secretary of the club.
- Arva GAA Club will promote co-operation with statutory agencies in response to Child Protection.
- Arva GAA Club will ensure all team mentors are offered the opportunity to obtain the appropriate level of coaching accreditation.
- Arva GAA Club will if appropriate take sanctions in the event of suspected / confirmed breaches of their Child Protection Policy as required.